Friday, July 22, 2011

I know she loved this... *

Hello followers.

I've been a bit distracted this week. After my family spent last weekend with her, I found out on Sunday that the Starr of my blog had but a few days left with us. Yesterday morning, I found a message in my inbox from my mom asking me to call her, I knew what I was calling to hear.

A few months ago, a healthy Starr showed us videos of songs from Playing for Change, a foundation "dedicated to connecting the world through music by providing resources to musicians and their communities around the world." Her interest in PFC was fueled not only by the organization's mission, but it's powerful statement, music, and one particular Israeli musician whom she thought looked like yours truly.

I wanted to share this video. It is one that doesn't include my doppleganger, Tula. But I think the song choice is the most appropriate, given recent events. Starr, if you are reading, this is for you. Your family stood by you in your last months here, and now we need you to do the same with us as we figure out how enter this new chapter of our lives.



I love you, my sweet Aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment