Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 2: Boat tours by day, Broadway by night

Today, around a quarter past the crack of dawn (also known as 8 am.) I woke up to a little morning toast, and a need to get ready for the Circle Line boat tour. As soon as I did that, we were on our way by 9 via taxicab. We spent three hours in the Hudson snacking on sandwiches made my Jorge, listening to witty tour guides, and snapping pictures of Ellis Island, the new Yankee Stadium, and Lady Liberty.


From there we made our way to Times Square, and a backstage tour of Radio City Music Hall.


Then it was off to the only stop I had requested throughout the whole trip: 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Perhaps those readers who are not in regular contact with me don’t know of my obsession with NBC’s 30 Rock and Tina Fey in general (my informative speech last semester was entitled: “The Life and Times of Tina Fey), but it was this obsession that made for a very excited Landis as we made our way through the plaza. I found I had to remind myself that it was probably inappropriate to take pictures with the real-life NBC Pages and not to be disappointed when Kenneth wasn’t there.


Seeing as this was a very tough act to follow, we made our way home for siestas and showers before the main event: Billy Elliot (preceded by yet another delicious dinner). Though the three of us had very differing opinions of the show, this tourist and musical enthusiast was very satisfied, and if anyone wants to see one of the most talented 12-year-old boys they’ve ever seen, I’d highly recommend it (or just rent the movie, my hosts assure me it’s better).

We clocked in around 11:30 and after blogging about the day before, it was lights out.

1 comment:

  1. A bright new way to start the day...checking the most recent posting. I am luvin it! *

    ReplyDelete