Saturday, June 26, 2010

Days 3 & 4: NYC Photo Essay

So sorry to have disappeared the last few days but it's been a bit of a whirlwind. I am in the Prague now but before I tell you all about those adventures and some more from Paris, it’s really been bugging me that I never wrote about my last days in New York and given a public thank you to my wonderful, wonderful uncles. I won’t give you a story, but instead just a few snapshots and captions in what I would like to call: “Landis’ New York Photo Essay.”


First, a trip to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art for my less artsy followers)

Then back home for a trip to the "Woof"--one of Yoya's favorite spots...


We concluded that night with a viewing of American Idiot, the musical based on the album by Green Day. The three of us were very, very impressed and it gave me a happy feeling as Don and I both agreed that it was the Hair of my generation. Two thumbs, index fingers, and pinkies up ;)

My last beautiful afternoon in the city was spent in everyone's backyard, Central Park, and jealously strolling the streets of Madison Avenue.


I really can't thank those guys enough for their hospitality, tour-guiding, and perfect company. I can't wait for my next trip.

I promise I will get to Europe stuff as soon as I can. Right now, however, it is time to go watch the US hopefully beat Ghana on the projectors in Old Town Square and to celebrate my 20th birthday Czesky style at Central Europe's largest night club.

Ahoj for now!




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dear Landis...Glad you did a recap on NYC. The MOMA was a favorite for me during my brief residency in that grand city. Keep hitting the keyboard and capturing the image....we are savouring the moment with you. Love*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized (courtesy of lex) that its officially your bday over there so HAPPPY HAPPPY BIRTHDAY! Party hard, be safe, and have a blast! Loveandmissutons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad & I just enjoyed the mini iPhone version of the latest blog while driving thru thomasville ga (what's wrong with this picture). Happy real b-day!! Miss&luvya. Momdad&layla & garmincita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated BDay. We are enjoying the details though we are not as savvy as your mother as we are living with you through a laptop not an iphone. Love, J, K, V, G

    ReplyDelete